The Health Specialist role is to provide advanced and accurate clinical inquiry responses to health related, disease control and prevention issues, including questions related to bioterrorism, first responders and national emergency situations from medical and other health care professionals, educators, and government agencies.
- Provide advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health related inquiries from consumers, educators and medical/health professionals including State and local health departments and other government offices
- Provide subject matter expertise on CDC topics covered by CDC–INFO which includes HIV/AIDS, Immunizations, Environmental Health, NIOSH; Tuberculosis and Statistics, to name a few
- Respond to inquiries resulting from current events, such as food outbreaks, natural disasters and other events
- Perform advanced database searches
- Perform assigned work in accordance with quality assurance measures
- Respond to medical personnel and clinicians in both verbal and written formats
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a health discipline or a clinical license.
- The following licenses are preferred but not required: LPN, R.N., P.A. or M.D.
- English or Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in medical, scientific and public health discipline
- Clinical knowledge of and experienced in CDC related topics
- Proficient internet search skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and utilize software applications
- Excellent listening, comprehension, communications (verbal and written), problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively
- Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection with 20 Mbps minimum
- Private work area and adequate power source
- Candidate must provide computer (Chromebooks will not work), monitor & hardwired headset
Basic Maximus duties and responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced clinical inquiry responses (verbal and written) to health-related inquiries from consumers, educators or medical/health professionals.
- Provides medical subject matter expertise.
- Performs advanced database searches.
- Composes documents, reports, and correspondence.
- Documents all incoming inquiries.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of experience.
- Associate degree preferred.
- May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Health Specialist (LPN, R.N., P.A. or M.D.)
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Complex Problem Solving