To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shelbyville, IN 46176
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Area Financial Manager
Penske Truck Leasing • Shelbyville, IN
Posted 2 months ago
The Field Area Financial Manager will manage all aspects of planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting for our field operations locations at an area level. Leads and directs the financial teams to support sales and operations. Position will provide contract knowledge and analytical support for various processes as well as provide additional support to other functional areas.
The Area Finance Manager will have accountability for all business planning and forecasting at the area level. Collaborate with Area and Site Operations Leadership and cross-functional teams to integrate Finance into all strategies, activities, and decision-making processes. Interface with the customer on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure controllership practices at the District/Area level.
-Train District Financial Managers, processors, and shop personnel on electronic systems and procedures.
- Identify profit opportunities
- Analyze contractual rebill and recovery opportunities
- Work closely with the Maintenance Leaders on financial process compliance
- Conduct District Administrative reviews of inventory procedures
- Articulate the value proposition to the field and to our customers by identifying the critical metrics that should be measured to determine Penske's performance.
- Effectively service our customers by developing a risk/reward strategy.
- Assist Area Vice-President and Districts in business planning process.
- Visit customers to insure their satisfaction with Penske Administrative Processes as it affects them.
- Conduct Profit Center/Customer Profitability Reviews with area and District Staffs.
- Insure accounts receivable compliance with Company guidelines.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by Area VP
- At least 5 years experience with accounting process and financial reporting
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- BS/BA in Business or Accounting required
- Masters degree preferred
- Willingness for overnight travel required
- Excellent communication and people skills required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
- Data mining and report tool (experience Oracle, Business Objects, etc.) preferred
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of company systems and procedures preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.