To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oklahoma City, OK
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Service Center Technician (Tier 1) – Telework
General Dynamics Information Technology • Oklahoma City, OK
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at Government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields.
This is a telework position. Onsite support will be required as requested by customer.
The Service Center Technician (Tier 1) demonstrates very strong interpersonal skills as well as provides excellent customer service.
The Service Center Technician (Tier 1) will perform the following:
- Demonstrates a positive customer service attitude
- Assists customers experiencing problems with IT resources, or requesting new services
- Receives end user requests for support via phone, email, chat or web and responds in a timely and quality manner exceeding SLAs
- Using the ITSM toolset, the Service Center Agent (Tier 1) enters ticket; resolves issue via remote desktop control, and documents actions taken
- Screens, refers and diagnoses IT service and work requests as they relate to maintenance of computers, workstations and related enterprise systems
- Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
- Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software
- Provides end-user software/hardware troubleshooting and support
- Escalates tickets to higher-level support groups as necessary
- Participates in maintaining and improving Service Center standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Monitors assigned queues, voicemail, web sites and other incoming communication methods
- Communicates excellently verbally and in writing
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
1) 3 – 5 years of experience in a fast-paced enterprise IT support environment
2) 3 – 5 years of experience of basic IT troubleshooting
3) 3 – 5 years of experience answering high volume help desk technical calls
4) HDI certification required
5) Considerable knowledge of and experience using an ITSM tool (BMC Remedy preferred), Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) systems, IVR or other telephony systems
6) Considerable knowledge of and experience with PCs, hardware/software, and operating systems as well as Microsoft Office products
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.