To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Folkston, GA 31537
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ASST WARDEN, SECURITY
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Folkston, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Facility: FOLKSTON ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Responsible for the direction, management, implementation, and ongoing development of security and control operational procedures and policies for the facility. Assists management in the overall administration of the facility. Seeks to meet the needs of the company and client agency by making improvement efficiencies without compromise to the safety and security of both the client population and staff employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs security department functions, activities and supervision of security personnel.
- Directly responsible for the performance control activities of the operations and safety sections.
- Ensures that adequate procedures, post orders, staff training methods, equipment and space are established in all operations of the security department to ensure safety and security of staff, visitors, inmates and facility.
- Prepares departmental progress reports and other miscellaneous reports as requested by management.
- Reviews activities of the operations departments to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Monitors staff operational effectiveness and conducts regular physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Assists management in the establishment of long-range plans and corresponding schedules to achieve facility goals and objectives.
- Assists management in ensuring that facility staff is able to respond appropriately to any emergencies.
- Assists in efforts to assure continuing, coordinated community planning for needs of inmates.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant unusual occurrences.
- Available to act as top facility administrator when required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure the effective and successful operation of the facility.
- Bachelor's degree in the behavioral sciences or related field supplemented by courses in business administration and a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in a correctional/detention facility at the level of mid-management, or an equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility as demonstrated by having a combination of relevant work, education and research experience. Exceptions may be made concerning supervisory experience if the candidate clearly demonstrates the ability to supervise the proper administration of a correctional/detention facility of a substantial number of inmates.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.