Are you looking for a chance to get your foot in the door with a great company? You've found it here. Already one of the world's leading health care companies, Optum. Part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here, you're not just working. You are making great things happen for the people who rely on us for healthcare across the United States. You're part of an elite team that is equipped with the best tools and resources, the most thorough training and learning opportunities and a mission that can inspire you every day. Join us and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Data Entry Clerk willbe keying basic data information from images, application sources into systemsfor Billing Data acquisition trailer entries.
- Perform data entry of information and details (such as US postal address, medical codes, insurance carrier details etc.) from images and multiple sources into systems
- Follow procedural guidelines to enter information in the systems and answer patient inquiries
- Navigate multiple computer applications (MS word, MS Excel, Online applications, Mainframe applications)
- May be required to conduct basic research in computer applications prior to performing data entry (address, billing codes, reject codes etc.)
- Data entry utilizing templates for letters and other correspondences***
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY & DATA ENTRY PROFICIENCY ASSESSMENT WILL BE REQUIRED AFTER APPLICATION ***
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm AST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. We have 3 different locations in the metropolitan area. (This position can be located in any of those locations)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Professional proficiency in both English and Spanish
- Proficiency with computer, Windows PC and web applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Customer Service Experience
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Technical degree or higher
- Knowledge of medical or health insurance terminology
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous Medical Billing experience
- Previous Data Entry Experience
Careers with Optum.
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Entry Clerk, San Juan, PR, Puerto Rico