Job Posting Title
Position Summary: Responsible for putting candy removed from the Mogul into trays, cases etc.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
- Adheres to all FPC established GMP’s (e.g. work area must be maintained is a sanitary manner).
- Checks production schedules and goes over candy which is being removed from the dry rooms and being removed through the mogul, with the Mogul Operator.
- Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FPC safety methods.
- Conducts change overs.
- Conducts quality checks on the type of the candy being removed as well as the following:
- Whether the candy has the correct amount of sugar, oil etc on it as it is being put into trays, cases etc.
- Makes sure that the correct finishing agent is used to coat the candy. e.g.: Acid mixes, types of oil, sugar.
- Observes that there are no excess amounts of substandard candy being removed. If so then the Candy Catcher would report this to the Mogul Operator.
- Communicates information to the Mogul Operator as well as his peers on the other shift / shifts as to the day’s production as well as if there where any issues and how those issues where handled.
- Conducts minor troubleshooting of the oiler, sander, Swecos etc.
- Familiar with control functions of the oiler, sander, Swecos etc.
- Operates the sander, oiler, Swecos, etc.
- Records information pertaining to equipment downtime as well as tagging the trucks / pallets which they are ready to have moved into another area
- Starts the oiler, sander, Swecos and observes and monitors for malfunctions of the machinery.
- Monitors the scales and makes sure that the correct weights are put into the trays / cases in accordance with the standard operating procedures
- Must work overtime when required.
- Back-up to Candy Catcher in his/her absence: Candy Catcher or Temporary Personnel.
Skills and Personal Characteristic Required:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate hand jack.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to read, write, and communicate effectively in English; ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work scheduled shift.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Capable of understanding time tracking objectives with the ability to swipe into orders and perform other objectives of the system.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills.
- Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
- Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant standards.
Work Environment a Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals and heat. The noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 1 pounds. The vision requirements include: peripheral vision.
Complex Problem Solving