To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5432 West Chester Road
West Chester Township, OH 45069
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Customer Support Specialist
CORT • West Chester Township, OH
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary responsibility of this position to review and adjust client invoices for accuracy and for keeping over 30 days past due delinquencies within designated percentage guidelines by performing collection procedures on assigned commercial accounts. This responsibility includes the resolution of all billing and collection issues while providing excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.Responsibilities
- Review, adjust, reconcile and send monthly invoices to assigned commercial account customers.
- Contact customers, by telephone and email, to determine reasons for overdue payments and secure payment of outstanding invoices. Communicate with districts and escalate collection issues as appropriate to resolve.
- Determine proper payment allocation as required or requested by A/R processing personnel.
- Resolve short payment discrepancies that customers claim when making payment.
- Complete adjustment forms and follow up with Districts to ensure adjustments are completed timely and accurately.
- Based on established policy and on a timely basis, investigate and resolve on-account payments received and other credits/debits that have not been assigned to an invoice.
- Resolve and clear credit balance invoices before such invoices age 60 days.
- Prepare monthly collection reports to be submitted to Management.
- Three years or more of accounting /collection experience that provides a basic understanding of the accounts receivable process, which must include 1+ years of collections experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires knowledge of credit and collections, invoicing, accounts receivable and customer service principles, practices and regulations.
- Basic math and analytical skills
- Must have excellent communication and negotiation skills with an ability to communicate in a respectful and assertive manner. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with an emphasis on telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while speaking with customer.
- Demonstrates good active listening skills, telephone skills and professional email communication skills.
- Reasoning Ability – Must possess analytical skills relating to customer service. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to work independently and prioritize workload and convey a positive attitude and a professional image.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Position requires strong PC skills and a working knowledge of Outlook, Windows, Word and Excel.
- Must possess average keyboarding speed with a high level of accuracy.
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
CORT conducts drug screening, background checks and MVR checks (if applicable) as a condition of employment. CORT also participates in the E-Verify program.