UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and maintain flexible data stores and/or SAS programs to be used to quickly compile Medical Benefit Utilization Review data and metrics by market and/or nationally, for responses to Customer MHP Requests
- Develop high quality data and analytics, under the supervision of HCE directors and guidance from the UHG MH Parity team, to support (a) ongoing monitoring and demonstration of MH Parity and (b) identification and remediation of risks
- Customize ASO requests and reports, as needed, to accommodate request-specific requirements
- Using Medical Benefit Utilization Management and Claims data, prepare and deliver data and metrics to an internal UHG team responsible for preparing external-facing responses to requestors
- Share and explain SAS programs and coding logic for constructing standard metrics with internal UHG partners (e.g., peer Programmer Analysts across the organization)
- Maintain documentation and records of requests, custom specifications, versioning of deliverables and programs, and project status
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree with emphasis in quantitative analysis such as healthcare economics, economics, epidemiology, demography, biostatistics, program measurement and outcomes assessment, etc. or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience working with health care data and analytics
- 8+ years of experience programming in SAS (or comparable statistical analysis software) and analyzing large healthcare data sets
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in areas such as Mental Health Parity, regulatory compliance monitoring, regulatory compliance reporting, and working with regulatory bodies
- Experience in the measurement and monitoring of utilization review programs
- Demonstrated ability to develop, document, and communicate policies, analytical designs, and results to leadership, lay audiences, and analysts
- Full-time Telecommute, any location within the U.S.
- Hybrid/In Office - Cypress, CA Office Location (CA 120) or other UHG Office Location
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.