Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The position is intended to be a resource that is focused on assuring that new product development projects are properly coordinated and are running efficiently across the Business Unit. It is to be a resource for the NPD managers to help manage the project logistics portion of their job. The NPD Project Manager is expected to be an expert in the New Product Development Process, guiding and training project team members in the use of the process, as well as spearheading any needed improvements to the process. The NPD Project Manager will provide general oversight of specified projects to ensure that a robust project plan of action items is in place, and jumping in to resolve significant issues that could delay planned completion. The NPD Project Manager may personally take on team leadership responsibility for a few critical projects. Success for this position will be evident by:
- Seeing a higher rate of NPD project cross the finish line each year
- Observing fewer post rollout problems with completed projects
- Observing proper use of the NPD process across the division
- Having all NPD project team participants clearly understand their role within the NPD process
- Seeing high engagement of project team members on their action lists
- More robust pipeline of ideas flowing through the process
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor status of NPD projects across the Business Unit
- Monitor what is ahead of schedule, behind schedule, which projects are moving, what areas are facing challenge
- Provide monthly status updates to the Business Unit Staff.
- Assure the NPD prcess is being effectively employed for all projects
- Provide specific training and coaching on how to use the process most effectively
- Define and identify areas f improvement in the Hubbell NPD process and advocate needed changes
- Assure that each NPD prject has a complete project plan with a full action list
- Check in regularly n action plans, facilitate when projects are stalling
- Assure that the “What’s next?” part f the process (project idea creation and selection) is fully taking place
Skills and Experience
- Certified Project Manager-Preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years in project management.
- Proven track record successfully managing multiple projects at the same.
- BS degree in Engineering/Management is a plus
- Must be a good team leader, with experience working with cross functional teams (eng, mfg., operations, etc.)
- Solid team player who works for advancement of team results, not self-promotion.
- Can lead teams through serving as a coordinator, not as a boss.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must possess strong computer skills.
- Must be results oriented, with strong motivation to succeed.
- Must have proven ability to meet project objectives and time lines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft projects or other project management software a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Customer Relationship Management