To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fairfax, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Seasonal Service Associate
Fairfield Residential • Fairfax, VA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position will assist our properties located in Alexandria and Fairfax.
The ideal candidate would be available from early June through to the end of August. There may be opportunity for this position to turn into a more long-term role.
This position is seasonal and 35 hours per week.
- Previous experience in property management grounds keeping and or maintenance, other building maintenance or work related experience preferred but not necessary.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- General computer knowledge.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills required.
- Some working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and appliance repair a plus.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Performs daily maintenance as directed by the Service Manager in conjunction with the Property Manager.
- Uses power blower and pressure washer to clean breezeways, steps, sidewalk, pool area and any other common areas.
- Prepares and performs all necessary repairs to vacant apartments for new residents.
- Interior and exterior painting, to include surface repairs as necessary.
- Completes service requests as directed by the Property Manager and Service Manager.
- Completes weekly vacant unit walks, as directed.
- Replaces exterior light bulbs as needed.
- Assists supervisor with communicating with vendors and contractors and escorting to necessary property locations.
- Utilizes the Make Ready Checklist for all make-readies.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, identifies any problems, and alerts Service Manager to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists in maintaining the exterior of the property daily to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
- Picks up trash on the property and in the common areas, which includes but is not limited to driveways, parking lots, trash receptacle areas, exterior hallways, breezeways, laundry rooms, mailrooms, and any other public areas.
- If applicable maintenance of pools, spas, and pool areas.
- Communicates inventory needs for equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
- Reports anything that might be a potential liability to the Property Manager and Service Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with all Fairfield policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Mold Prevention Response Program (MPRP)
- Asbestos/Lead Protocol
- Bed Bugs
- Emergency Site Map and Emergency Supplies/Action Plan
- Required Inspections
- Assists office staff with posting notices on resident doors, as needed.
- Assists in property compliance with all Safety Risk Management Manual requirements and objectives.
- Participates in Company required training.
- Participates in resident functions as required by Property Manager.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver’s license required.