ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALISTLocation: Houston, TX and/or RemoteReports to: Accounts Receivable Supervisor Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of
every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for Accounts Receivable Specialist to be responsible for business to business revenue and related accounts receivable recording and documentation. The candidate should be comfortable using Excel and handling large sets of data. The candidate will report to an Accounting Supervisor, who reports to the Accounting Sr. Manager. He/she must be able to exercise good judgment. There will be room to grow in the department as capabilities allow. Currently, the Receivable group consists of 2 people supporting expanding business to business sales activity.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST Responsibilities
- Prepares reports to determine amounts due from dealers and other business partners
- Reviews and applies cash receipts to ensure balances are updated timely and accurately
- Maintains contact and relationship with dealers and other external contacts to have knowledge on timing of expected payments and any outstanding issues
- Answers receivable queries, billing history status and provides other information to internal and external parties regarding billings, payment status, or other questions related to our AR activity as requested
- Corrects errors or help resolve problems regarding payments made
- Record selected cash application journal entries or other end of month entries as needed
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Minimum of 3+ years of receivables and/or accounting experience
- Strong proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal, communication and interaction skills, both verbal and written
- Maintain good working relationships with various corporate departments
- Highly organized and able to prioritize
- Must have high level of accuracy and be detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work well in an intra-disciplinary team environment
- Strong ability to work under pressure and time constraints and multi-task
- Must be able to exercise good judgment
- Experience with Salesforce and FinancialForce a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance a plus
- Open-office environment
- Normal work hours are Monday-Friday, however occasional extended or weekend hours may be required
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Accounts Receivable
- Attention To Detail
- Business To Business