Kelly Services has an exciting opportunity for a candidate to put their career into gear as a Procurement Analyst in San Francisco, CA. The ideal candidate will have a completed bachelor’s degree, have experience in outsourcing, vendor selection and negotiations and data analysis with solid decision-making skills. Must be highly organized. This is a 6-month contract role with the possibility of extension.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone that desires to jump start a career in Procurement and Strategic Outsourcing. The Procurement Analyst will be responsible, but not limited to:
- Procurement and Strategic Outsourcing activities, and to ensure fair vendor selection at fair value.
- Must be detail-oriented, diligent, fast learner, multitasking, and examine deals with a commercial knowledge perspective.
- Will work with Project Leads to understand and define scope of work, negotiate prices on quotes received by vendors, arrange for alternative quotes if necessary to help negotiate.
- In addition, the Procurement Analyst will be responsible for identifying and screening vendors, negotiating terms and conditions favorable to Acerta Pharma, driving improved vendor service levels, minimizing risk while improving Acerta Pharma business results, maintain supplier list and adhere to business, regulatory and Procurement processes.
In this role you will:
- Assist with all aspects of outsourcing, negotiations, strategy, tool and process implementation for procurement related goods and services.
- Deliver business partner satisfaction and achievement of overall business and financial objectives.
- Negotiate favorable contractual terms and conditions with vendors.
- Build strong relationships both internally and externally with vendors, fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Develop and implement efficiencies, standardized tools, practices and procedures shortening the quotation, RFP and decision making and evaluation time.
- Assist with implementing, reviewing, and maintaining procurement policies on a regular basis to ensure relevance and conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with internal and applicable regulatory policies.
- Manage and maintain supplier repository.
- Ensure process documents are complete, current, communicated and stored appropriately.
- Identify the best suitable vendors and initiate business partnerships.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts as needed to place Acerta in the best contractual position possible without jeopardizing quality and deliverables.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Anticipate unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies.
- Perform risk management regarding supply & service contracts and agreements.
- Provide reports on procurement metrics and results to department leadership.
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity and that behavior aligns with Acerta and AstraZeneca’s values.
- BA/BS in business, finance, purchasing or related field or equivalent related work experience.
- Self-starter with excellent business/financial acumen, proficient working with cross-functional teams, including demonstrated motivation, influence, and the ability to drive change across all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of contracts and contract management activities.
- Outstanding contract review and negotiation skills.
- Excellent vendor management skills including demonstrated ability to develop and manage business driven vendor executive relationships.
- Solid computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Visio a plus.
- Previous experience with Purchase-to-pay systems such as Coupa or Ariba is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail required as work prepared by this position is presented to executive management for use in decision making.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively.
As a Kelly employee, you’ll have access to world-class perks, including:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- *Group insurance options
- Service bonus plan
- Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
*Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
•Important information: This position is recruited by a remote, national, Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune
100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access
the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people
around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply