Lennar Multifamily Communities (LMC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar (NYSE:LEN), is a multifamily real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US. Between our completed developments and pipeline, LMC owns and manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 33,000 homes and $12 Billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for assisting in all financial reporting and accounting related services required for the Division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries.
- Prepare JV financial statements and variance analysis.
- Assist with monthly loan draw packages and review of construction Pay Applications.
- Assist in the monthly budget reviews with the development team and update job cost budget summary schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical procedures as needed.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the development team and AP closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Prepare remote bank deposits.
- Manage cash balance on bank accounts and prepare wire transfer requests.
- Assist in the compliance of the Accounting and A/P policy and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Progressive accounting experience.
- Experience with multifamily industry, joint venture accounting, and public accounting is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude.
- Must possess professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 25 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact well with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail