Job Description Summary
Responsible for greeting donors at the plasma collection center and conducting a series of registration procedures to verify donor suitability for the plasma pheresis process.
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), assists qualified donors in completing the screening process. The screening procedures includes but are not limited to: assessing the self-administered health history, answering basic medical questions associated with the donation process, referring donors to medical staff when appropriate and performing health screening procedures such as blood pressure, pulse, weight, temperature. Performs finger stick to obtain sample to obtain donor’s hematocrit and total protein levels.
- Upon completion of the appropriate training, may educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. This includes explaining the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
- May be involved in registering applicant and transfer donors based upon completion of appropriate training and operational needs of the center.
- May answer the telephone and answer callers question or transfer call to appropriate staff member.
- Maintains alertness and awareness to any reaction by a donor may have during or after the pheresis process and notifies appropriate staff.
- Alerts Group Leader or Supervisor of donor flow issues.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
- May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in a clerical or customer service related position, preferably in medical or health provider environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.
Please note, we may not have an immediate need at the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware correspondence may not be immediate.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service) at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service).
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Medical Screener - Reception Technician (Customer Service) at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
- Business Informatics
- Customer Service
- Fine Motor Skills