Nashville MainProject Location(s):
Huntsville, AL 35824 USAMinimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:Job Type:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description: Manage, evaluate and assess information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality by the contract documents for the assigned areas. Has supervisory responsibility for Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns. The Assistant Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building parts of the project “on paper”.
Reports To: Engineer, Project Engineer or Project Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: In the areas assigned:
- Acting as liaison with architects, subcontractors, consultants, suppliers, inspectors, other Turner job staff and owner's representatives in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
- Having general knowledge of all general contract and subcontract documents, as well as the job estimate. Overseeing and making decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensuring that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
- Managing the project budget.
- Managing submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
- Negotiating change orders. Managing information on changes in the work; preparing an independent analysis, as required; obtaining and checking estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtaining approval of the architect and owner; and resolving any conflicts.
- Overseeing the close-out process. Preparing final records such as RFIs, close-out records, warranties, as-builts, operation and maintenance manuals, attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
- Supervising Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Preparing scope of work documents for trades.
- Developing reports such as General Conditions Items, labor, safety, change order logs and quality control.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of two years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Utilizes leading-edge technologies such as BIM and LEAN. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the constructionworksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor