CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 509 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2018, they carried 20.71 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 755 agencies network, the Group employs more than 37,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
This position is responsible for maintaining understanding of our trade lanes so they can effectively help to grow our market share. They will qualify sales leads and help to grow our BCO/NVO active customer base within the sales territory. This position will also partner with field sales and work with Trade/Line to provide quotation to customer request. They will maintain customer contracts to ensure proper construction and filing of agreed T&C and rates.
This position will be responsible to:
Market Growth and Development
- Work in concert with the Field Sales Representative to promote line/trade initiatives to include campaigns, vessel shortfalls, and priority services
- Communicate with line/trade management of customer volume forecasting to help ensure full vessel capacity
- Develop and maintain Line exposure to the customer
- Partner with Field Sales Representative to grow customer profile
- Develop and maintain customer and trade-lane specific business plans to achieve or exceed weekly volume budgets by service.
- Maintain vessel profile
- Research and identify market opportunity for US Business Clients
- Qualify an assigned number of cold calls per quarter to grow current BCO/NVOCC active customer base within sales territory.
- Qualify Sales leads
- Develop quality presentations, gather competitive intelligence on customer preferences in advance of sales calls.
- Provide volume reports as needed
- Promote/Sell VAS products to targeted customers
- Promote eBusiness initiatives
- Complete customer visits when necessary
- Overall knowledge of services of Import/Export and that all information is available to communicate on negotiations of rate(s) with line / trade management on behalf of the customer / field representative within departmental guidelines
- Work in concert with Regional Sales Representative to complete regional bids
- Able to set up quotes and prepare contracts/SQ as required.
- Follow up of rates thru dashboards with trade / line management to include written /verbal follow up with external customers.
- Ensure compliance and proper filing of GRI, PSS, RRI, Shipper pools, etc
- Track customer MQC trend and communicate with customer/sales representative on performance
- Communicate with trade / line management on expiring bullets, MQC shortfalls, and expiring contracts
- Prepare quotes/contract for filing ensuring proper contract construction for FMC filing
- Follow up for Signature process
- Maintain Third party applications (i.e. GTN, Combinet, Bravo...)
Lisa CRM Key User
- Serve as the single point of contact for respective End Users for LISA-related support as well as SKU for information distribution.
- Share best practices and pertinent module related news with respective End Users.
- Participate in KU network through regular meetings and correspondence on best practices, issues and solutions.
- Perform business support to End Users in coordination with assistance from SKU and support teams.
- Provide training to EU, conducting refresh trainings as needed.
- Be aware of and utilize all training materials and project documentation. Update training materials as requested/as needed.
- Create and monitor ITSM for system support and technical issues.
- Monitor LISA usage of assigned EU for activity as well as accuracy; provide proactive assistance as needed to meet stated usage goals.
- Monitor system adoption rate, recommend ideas for improvement.
- Other duties assigned as needed. (i.e. Act as back up for other KUs, training KU replacement).
- Work with RSC to provide KPI report on LISA CRM Usage
- Perform Customer Onboarding Process for newly signed contracts
- Perform New Customer Validation Process to confirm existence of unassigned client
- Assist in dispute and collection efforts
- Process email communication and ensure timely response on commercial related inquiries
- Maintain library of information to include pricer list, routing maps, Trade Changes, etc.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 2 years work experience required preferably in inside sales, sales or customer service.
- Minimum 1 year transportation industry experience required,
- The ability to establish priorities and organize time effectively.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- To build and maintain a professional relationship, demeanor and etiquette always (tone, approach, importance and sensitivity) with internal / external customers via phone or email.
- Working knowledge of commercial and financial jargon of international trade.
- Proven computer literacy in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (Access not required but preferred).
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, work with urgency.
- The ability to actively determine client needs & accommodate them efficiently.
- Ability to develop processes & strategies to increase productivity and provide improved customer service.
- Ability to problem solve and or find alternate solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to multitask effectively, work well with others and is culturally sensitive.
- Must be availble to work 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.