CAREGivers needed to share their hearts with senior adults in our community. Mornings, Days, Afternoons, Evenings, Overnights, Weekend hours are available. We work around your schedule! Start $10.75,$12.00 & $13.25hr depending on cares provided)
Thank you for your interest in our CAREGiverSM position! Caregiving can be an incredibly rewarding career. Here at Home Instead Senior Care we believe that becoming a world-class organization starts with not just hiring, but retaining and promoting, world-class CAREGiversSM. Being a CAREGiverSM is a labor of love that will enable you to build fulfilling and lasting relationships with your senior clients. Most important, you will make a meaningful difference in the lives of your clients and their families.
- No experience or medical skills necessary
- Flexible scheduling-Overnight hours available
- Supplemental income
- Training provided
CAREGivers provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes. Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage, and assist an individual. Home helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands, or incidental transportation.
CAREGIVER JOB DESCRIPTION
As a CAREGiver, you provide a variety of non-medical services that allow seniors to remain in their homes.
These services generally fall under three categories:
- Home Helper
- Personal Care
Companionship services are those that stimulate, encourage and assist an individual.
The primary responsibilities of Companionship services include the following:
- Providing companionship and conversation
- Providing stabilization and assistance with walking
- Preparing meals and cleaning up meal-related items
- Providing medication reminders and appointment reminders
Home Helper services generally involve light housekeeping, errands or incidental transportation.
The primary responsibilities of Home Helper services include the following:
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, etc.)
- Washing and ironing laundry
- Running errands
- Accompanying clients to appointments
Personal Services are personal in nature and often include assistance with activities of daily living.
The primary responsibilities of Personal Services include the following:
- Assisting with bathing
- Assisting with grooming
- Assisting with toileting and incontinence issues
Secondary responsibilities include the following:
- Contributing to a positive living environment to enhance a client’s quality of life
- Performing other reasonable duties as assigned
- Reporting hours according to office policy
- Reporting any significant changes in a client’s needs or living conditions
- Regularly communicating with supervisor and office staff
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Hold the minimum education, experience and skills to perform responsibilities
- Complete a criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, two professional and two personal reference checks
- Complete a DMV check showing 3pts or less and continue clean driving record
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Possess valid auto insurance
- Understand, speak, read and write English clearly
- Ability to lift, push or pull 25 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel, and reach
- Ability to walk independently up and down a normal flight of 13-15 stairs
- Ability to withstand exposure to dust, mold, mildew and cleaning solutions
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
The CAREGiver position may require you to run errands and provide incidental transportation for a client using your vehicle or a client’s vehicle. You must have own vehicle and provide a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
This document describes the general nature and level of work for the position. It is not a comprehensive list of its responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts and conditions. Your employer reserves the right to modify the description in the future with or without notice. The responsibilities for this position are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Your employer is KUHNS KARE, Inc. d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead Senior Care franchise. Your employer is not Home Instead Senior Care. This job description does not create an employment contract, nor imply it. employment with your employer remains at will.
Each Home Instead franchise is independently owned and operated.