Accounts Payable ClerkCompensation:
$16.50 to $18.00 hourly
Robert Half is in the process of recruiting an Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk with a company in the Retail field. As the Accounts Payable (A/P) Clerk, your efforts will become an important part to the success of a company in the Retail industry. Based out of the Selkirk, New York area, the Accounts Payable Clerk will be a short-term contract / temporary opening. Further career growth and quick advancement is possible in this dynamic department. The Accounts Payable Clerk responsibilities will include matching and batching code invoices, resolving A/P issues, processing expense reports, updating and reconciling sub-ledger to G/L, and processing checks.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Ensure invoices, checks, and other documents are properly sorted, logged, scanned, and filed
- Execute full-cycle A/P
- Assist internal business partners with any customer services needs
- Handle administrative tasks for the AP/Finance Department
- Provide internal and external audit assistance as required
- Execute additional tasks as needed
- Manage department mail by opening, sorting, and distributing it on a daily basis
- Manage the process of verifying, logging, and mailing checks, including expediting special handling
- Execute daily processes and controls accurately and in a timely manner; ensuring compliance with company policies
If this role interests you, please contact Joe Macaluso and Kevin Aucoin to inquire further. We look forward to hearing from you and discussing your backgrounds and experience together!
- Attentive, ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Prior experience in an A/P role preferred
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills, especially with both technical and financial backgrounds
- Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business or similar preferred
- Command of Vendor Management
- Accounts Payable (AP) experience
- Strong familiarity with Check Runs
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounts Payable Clerk
for more information.
- Data/Record Logging
- Customer Service