Weichert Co. of Maryland is looking to hire a Real Estate Instructor in Washington, DC. The Real Estate Instructor is responsible for teaching state regulated real estate pre-licensing courses which provide the education necessary to prepare students for the District of Columbia pre-licensing exams. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for the delivery of required intellectual material for successful completion of the Maryland pre-licensing courses.
* Accurately completes class records to document compliance with state real estate commissions.
* Follows lesson plans; leads classroom discussions on relevant topics and educates students regarding real estate principles and practices.
* Provides information regarding licensing. Answers any questions students may have.
* Maintains a positive learning environment for the participants; maintains classroom control at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
* A valid District of Columbia real estate sales license required
* A minimum of two (2) years of practical experience in the subject matter being taught (e.g., sales, pre-licensing, etc.)
* Experience levels are defined by state statutory requirements, outlined in the "Education, Certification, and License Requirements" section
* In-depth knowledge of national and state-specific real estate principles and practices
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to conduct presentations
* Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions
* Strong attention to detail Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled