**Sign-On Bonus - $12,000.00 for all full time Float Pool openings**(excluding current employees)
Looking to make an impact in Intensive Care Units? Great opportunity expand your experience as an ICU Nurse. Our float pool is currently looking for an individual that is willing to float to our three different ICU units, which include Medical ICU (MICU), Surgical ICU (SICU) and our Neuro Trauma ICU (NTICU) units.
Texas Health Dallas is located at 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231
SALARY RANGE: $27.50 - $52.88/hour, commensurate with working experience
SCHEDULE: Full Time Nights (7P) for 36 hrs./ week. Weekend and holiday requirements
The position of Float Pool Nurse requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function and be flexible in a fast-paced environment. Those experienced nurses eager to work in a variety of units will thrive in this rewarding nursing service.
- Ongoing educational possibilities
- Opportunity to be involved in both hospital and unit councils and committees
- Involved Unit Based Council
- Will float to MICU, SICU and Neuro Trauma ICU units across Texas Health Dallas
- Patient ratio will vary depending on acuity, 1:1-1:2
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Associate degree in Nursing required.
- BSN preferred.
- One (1) year nursing experience, or completion of an RN residency program required.
- One (1) year of Intensive Care Unit required.
- RN must practice within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act, serve as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire Required
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support%26mdash;Prior to independent patient care and maintained quarterly required
- ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Upon%26mdash;Within 90 days of hire Required
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days Required
- The professional nurse exhibits understanding of basic human needs.
- The professional nurse demonstrates an appreciation of unique meanings by active listening and exemplifying a non-judgmental attitude
- The professional nurse demonstrates recognition and understanding of patients affiliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
More about Texas Health Dallas:
Texas Health Dallas is a 900-bed MAGNET-designated hospital, a Level II Major Trauma facility, the first hospital in Dallas to achieve chest pain center accreditation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and recipient of the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award. We are a top-notch choice in North Texas for cancer care, cardiology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence
Texas Health Highlights: Fortune's list of Best Workplaces in Health Care (#1): [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU)
Best Workplaces(TM) for Diversity by Fortune and Great Place to Work (5th year in row): [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU)
Great Place to Work's Best Workplaces in Texas%26trade; 2020: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU)
2019 Texan by Nature 20 (TxN 20): [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU)
Platinum-level recognition in the 2019 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eleventh year to appear on the list and fourth year to receive the Platinum award)
A 2019 Gold Level Workplace Health Achievement Award by the American Heart Association (4th year in a row)
Largest Blue Zones Project Approved%26trade; Worksite in the nation (2016)
Explore our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU) for info like [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU), [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU), recent [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU) weve won and more. Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN) - Float Pool - Intensive Care Units (ICU).
- Active Listening
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Health Care
- Interpersonal Skills