The Senior Internal Auditor position is an integral member of the Internal Audit team that plans and executes audits, advisory projects, and continuous monitoring activities with a reasonable level of management supervision. The Senior Internal Auditor has experience in financial, operational, and/or compliance auditing and is able to evaluate functions that include loan origination, mortgage servicing, and/or investment asset management. Strong communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills are vital to this position. Travel demands are expected to be limited (generally less than 10%).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Audit Planning and Execution
- Conducts interviews/walkthroughs with business owners.
- Leads the audit planning process, including audit scope/approach development and authoring audit planning memos.
- Develops risk and control matrices to evaluate the design of key internal controls.
- Designs and executes effective control tests and analytical procedures with limited management supervision.
- Documents work performed in adequately structured workpapers.
- Independently identifies meaningful control gaps and develops recommendations that promote continuous improvement in risk management capabilities and the internal control environment.
Audit Methodology and Tools
- Performs work in a manner that is consistent with Bayview Asset Management’s Internal Audit Procedures and the Institute of Internal Auditors’ (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF).
- Contributes to ongoing improvements in internal audit methodology.
- Provides input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan.
Project Management, Communication, & Reporting
- Independently leads meetings to gain an understanding of business processes, provide audit status updates, and communicate audit results.
- Develops well-written audit reports that include a clear and concise summary of the scope of work performed, conclusions reached, and recommended control improvements noted.
Team & Personnel Development
- Supervises and develops the skills of less experienced team members.
- Pursues career development opportunities, including relevant training, professional certifications, and/or association memberships. Shares information gained with co-workers.
- Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards, including consistently upholding all Bayview Asset Management Company Tenets.
- Other duties as needed or required.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
Audit Planning, Execution, Methodology, and Tools
- Knowledge of, and ability to consistently apply, internal auditing principles and practices.
- Skilled in critically evaluating processes, risks, and controls.
- Demonstrates proficiency in documenting processes, risks, and controls in narratives, flowcharts, and workpapers.
- Moderate/Advanced Microsoft Excel abilities, including ability to perform data analysis using pivot tables, formulas, or macros. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
Project Management, Communication, and Reporting
- Able to leverage appropriate project management tools to monitor audit execution/timelines and provide transparent status updates to audit management.
- Capable of balancing multiple projects simultaneously through effective prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Skilled collaborator that is capable of effective interaction, negotiation, and problem resolution with audit and business personnel.
- Effectively able to lead meetings with team members and auditees to gather needed information and share audit results.
- Demonstrates effective business acumen and judgment that is recognized by audit and business managers.
- Able to develop, present, and assist in “selling” control improvement opportunities and business advice.
- Demonstrates proficiency in clearly and concisely documenting audit results in workpapers, memos, and audit reports.
- Team & Personnel Development
- Displays a strong work ethic.
- Ability to lead and motivate audit staff and be a “team player.”
- Experience working in, or adequate knowledge of, industries that include asset management, lending, and/or mortgage servicing.
- Continually builds knowledge of the business and actively expands capabilities through research and focused training. Stays informed of new developments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study.
- At least four (4) years of auditing public accounting and/or private industry internal audit experience, preferably within one of the following industries: asset management, lending, or mortgage servicing
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
Industry certification preferred (CPA, CIA, CFSA, CFE, etc.)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.