Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you interested in exploring a rapidly expanding universe in the area of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Do you like to travel to new places?
Then join the growing performance measure validation team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
Oversee and validate healthcare quality data and performance measure results for various Medicare, Medicaid, commercial, and pharmacy related healthcare organizations. Primary responsibilities include project management, documentation review, critical thinking, teamwork, conducting interviews in a group setting, review and analysis of performance measure data, and report writing.
Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day activities on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility with changing requirements and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Support the evaluation of healthcare quality on a wide array of projects, including Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS®)URL blocked - click to apply audits, performance measure validation audits, URAC audits etc.
- Coordinate, communicate, and provide updates to the team on all active projects.
- Conduct interviews with health plans, medical groups, pharmacies, etc. for the purposes of understanding the organizations’ processes and uncovering any potential or actual data issues.
- Participate in writing RFP responses.
- Assist in the development of time and task schedules.
- Lead project conference calls with clients on an as needed basis.
- Manage calendars and schedules.
- Provide excellent client service with timely, accurate, and courteous responses to all internal and external clients including strong communication skills (written and verbal) with both internal team members and external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Participate in team meetings, client contract calls, and other meetings by helping to prepare meeting materials, recording meeting minutes, identifying and documenting key decisions and action items, and communicating to key personnel and team members.
- Participate in continuous improvement and process redesign initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of work products and processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Ability to travel to conduct audits in and out of state.
URL blocked - click to apply HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).