Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Digital is looking for an experienced government RFP marketing expert to develop strategy and become our internal and external subject matter expert. This person will hire and develop a team of specialized sales managers and create a go-to-market plans that utilizes all of Sinclair’s broadcast media, social and digital marketing tools to maximize marketing ROI for our college and university clients. The ideal candidate will understand the unique marketing needs of colleges and universities and will have extensive experience in applying for and winning government RFPs. The role requires a deep understanding of what an effective marketing plan consists of and how to translate its value to customers. This role will be both a player and a coach that can teach others how to be successful as a marketer in this category. Connections within the industry and a strategic thought process will be keys to success as we’re looking to increase marketing efficiency for our clients rather than maintaining a status quo.
Specific Duties include:
- Exceed expectations for market penetration, average deal size, and total revenue across all Sinclair markets
- Maintain consistent presence in the field driving growth and improving retention
- Develop, implement, and manage business plans to exceed corporate objectives and sales goals
- Act as player/coach on in-person sales calls with key decision makers at colleges and universities throughout our markets
- Conduct immersive training sessions with sales teams based on Sinclair marketing philosophy
- Collaborate with in-market Sinclair leadership to set sales goals and objectives for local Marketing Consultants
- Provide the steering committee with monthly outlook and revenue forecast
- Work closely with sales management and corporate staff to ensure coordination and cooperation in support of sales and operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in winning competitive government RFPs
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of marketing strategies and consumer behavior
- Real experience and success communicating and working directly with marketing personnel at colleges and universities
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing people and sales process
- Strength in running multiple unique strategic projects concurrently
- A bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of experience in marketing, preferably digital and broadcast
- Experience managing a large sales territory and direct reports
- Proficient in the use of office software and CRM tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales management experience is not required, but valued
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!