We are seeking a dedicated Benefits Coordinator to join the human resources division of a local healthcare company. You will be responsible for overseeing and administrating various employee benefits, including retirement savings, disability cover, life and health insurance, and parental leave.
To be successful as a Benefits Coordinator, you should be very knowledgeable about employee benefits and the various laws and regulations which apply to them. Top candidates will also have great communication skills in order to educate employees about their benefits.
- Administered benefit plans, audit and reconciled vendors invoices and payments for all plans, oversees employee eligibility, and wrote communication to participants and vendors.
- Assisted all employees with issues and concerns regarding their benefits package, troubleshoot problems and serve as interface between employee and vendor.
- Conducted New-Hire Orientation, Benefits Orientation, and Annual Open Enrollment including specific events, contests, prizes and marketing.
- Interprets human resources policies and procedures with regards to benefits, and assist with development of benefits policies.
- Administered the 403b and 457 retirement plan.
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures
- Administrate COBRA, LOAs, FMLA usage and other issues as required by our in-house regulations and legal requirements
- Assist employee with enrolling in medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Inform employees of changes to the benefits structure
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators
- Consult with employees about eligibility and other issues
- Review bi-weekly payroll deductions
- Provide ongoing support for benefits and HR teams
- Process enrollments quickly and accurately
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993