The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing duties under the direction of a physician to assist in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height and records information on patient’s charts
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients
- Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment
- Hands instruments and materials to doctor as directed
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests
- Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms
- May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records
- May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers and computer, and mail monthly statements to patients
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language
- Good telephone communication skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical procedures
- Knowledge of clerical functions
- Current CPR card (if applicable)
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray (if applicable)
- Current Health Certificate (if applicable)
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program; certification preferred
- Minimum of one year relevant experience preferred.
- Relevant certification/ license if applicable.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer