Lead Software Architect, Analytical PlatformTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is the world leader in the Analytical and Force Measurement market. From Space to ground and sea applications and for the environmental, water, O&G, metals, semiconductor and research markets, ABB provides the most innovative sensing products and Digital solutions. Through strong customer partnerships, we are helping them to achieve higher sustainability, better process efficiency and product quality. ABB has a world-class network of factories, research centers, sales and service employees to develop and manufacture the best products on the market and support our customers globally.
As lead architect, you will drive the development of the common analyzer platform, the heart and the brain of our Analyzers.
We are flexible about the location considering the global distribution of the analyzer platform development team. Therefore, the same position is posted also in the other Analytical development hubs. Other locations may also be discussed. The option of a home-based set-up is also a possibility.Your responsibilities
- Being the design leader and influencing a global, virtual team of developers, supporting a global base of Analytical factories and their product development teams.
- Being the reference person for taking architectural decisions about the platform, evaluating technical and business trade-offs.
- Identifying with the team the best solutions fitting diverse requirements from the business owners of products utilizing the platform.
- Providing expert assistance for projects and colleagues, acting as a mentor and disseminating lessons learned.
- Keeping up to date with technologies, tools and methods, and implementing initiatives to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
- Developing Intellectual Property to protect the broad technology area of Analytical Measurements.
More about us
- A Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering. A Ph.D. degree would be a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in embedded systems architecture and design, working as product architect for micro-processor based industrial equipment produced in volume.
- Sound knowledge of requirements and design specification of embedded firmware systems, including hardware/software trade-offs and design for memory/processor performance.
- Robust knowledge of software development processes and standards,
- embedded firmware development tools, Linux for real-time systems, Agile development processes, industrial protocols, IP and Ethernet networking, and industrial process control.
- Knowledge about OS/Kernel aspects, ARM and x86 microprocessors, C++ development, inter-process communications, embedded web servers and web-based UIs, OPC-UA, Modbus, SQLite, and secure networking highly desirable.
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills.
- Ability to travel globally, including to North America, Europe, India, and China.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Software Architect, Analytical Platform http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Lead Software Architect, Analytical Platform
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Agile Methodology
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Engineering