Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Engineer II, Quality provides a range of expertise to ensure that the products are free of flaws and function as designed. Participates in assuring a high reliability and proper performance per product requirements.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides technical and regulatory expertise for a range of quality assurance testing and inspection activities associated with product development and manufacturing
- Performs internal audits of the operation process using inspection results and statistical techniques to provide timely, accurate process and product analysis
- Performs root cause analysis initiatives for process related concerns
- Analyzes audit results and determines proper corrective and preventive action
- Defines and conducts both systematic/methodical and random/arbitrary tests to ensure proper performance of Meggitt products
- Reviews and creates inspection forms, records, techniques and procedures for accuracy and relevance and provide changes when necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of complex Quality Engineering processes and regulatory requirements
- Excellent ability to apply a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply core concepts of engineering
- Ability to interpret internal/external business challenges and make recommendations for improvements to products, processes or services
- Ability to explain a range of complex technical information
- Demonstrated analytical skills to proactively identify and solve problems
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Resolve Quality Issue
Perform Statistical Analysis
Use Statistical Tool
Use Quality Tool