To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EMCOR Group, Inc • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 2 months ago
About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Electrician
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services is seeking an Electrician in the Los Angeles, CA area. The Electrician will perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
*** This position is contingent upon contract award. ***
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment;
- Working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications;
- Locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment;
- Working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment; and using a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
- The individual must maintain safe work practices in support of the OSHA Health and Safety, NFPA 70e and ISO 9001 Quality Assurance Compliance standards as it applies when performing the assigned duties.
- 4+yrs of experience as a commercial electrician in non-residential settings such as Airports, recreation facilities, government agencies, businesses and retail establishments, offices, restaurants, commercial constructions sites, banks, and schools; as well as operating with voltage levels of up to and including 4,160 volts.
- Experience performing maintenance and repair work on high voltage airfield lighting circuits including normal maintenance such as bulb change out, cleaning, transformer replacement, and lens replacement, as well as emergency fault locating and repair
- Experience performing maintenance and repairs on constant current regulators, their associated monitoring systems, on building electrical distribution systems, loading bridges, baggage belts, lift stations, security systems, and fire protection systems, etc.
- Installing, testing, calibrating, and maintaining complex control systems, analyzers, electrical switchgear, distribution equipment, and safety interlocks
- Understanding State and local laws, ordinances, codes, and regulations pertaining to all aspects of electrical wiring systems and equipment installation and maintenance
- Performing building and safety codes and understanding of safety regulations
- Maintaining compliance with the National Electrical Safety Code and the National Electric Code, as well as local, statutory, and LAWA requirements.
- Complying with health and safety standards and building codes
- Knowledge of safe and proper use of the hand and electrical tools of the trade
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License required
- Possession of a California State Electrical License/Certificate is highly desirable
- Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). i.e. but not limited to, Dust mask, gloves, eye protection and hearing protection, and especially all Arc Flash Rated PPE.
- Ability to perform and understand proper company-wide LOTO procedures and policies.
- Ability to wear a company uniform and maintain a neat personal appearance
- Requires abundance of walking, bending, kneeling, and working in uncomfortable positions.
- Unless a higher degree is specified in this job posting, all positions require a minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer