Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The Project Geologist works under the direct supervision of an experienced professional engineer to perform assignments that include independent evaluations using standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Must be able to use judgment in making minor adoptions and modifications to these standards.
- Perform site reconnaissance including coordinating utility location before drilling, taking site and sample photos, basic surveying, and boring layout
- Conduct field soil testing activities including logging of samples, testing procedures and results, and site conditions
- Perform occasional Geotechnical field testing, including but not limited to subgrade proofrolling observations, footing subgrade testing and pressuremeter testing.
- Contribute to coordination of drilling and field activity schedules on an ongoing basis.
- Perform laboratory tests on soil and maintain organization of the soil laboratory during that process
- Put together boring location plans and site vicinity maps
- Data entry from field and laboratory tests (must be proficient in Microsoft Excel up to entering in equations)
- Direct and execute Geotechnical project assignments including, field exploration, laboratory services, engineering analysis and report preparation,
- Preparation of Geotechnical site evaluation reports for various buildings, roads, bridges, stormwater management devices, and other structures
- Prepare project proposals and reports and perform operations in a manner to consistently meet commitments to the clients.
- Participate in occasional business development and marketing efforts establish and maintain client relationships
- Participate in occasional relationship building with professional and technical organizations.
- B.S. Degree in Geology or Geological Engineering is required
- Minimum 3+ years’ of related experience is preferred
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client’s needs.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.