The Home Health Aide is a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) responsible for providing intermittent Home Health Aide services to patients in their homes under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). ( BILINGUAL SPANISH SPEAKING)Job Duties and Responsibilities
Work Hours and Frequency
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, toiling, nail care, dressing and grooming.
- Schedule visits in accordance with the patient's plan of care.
- Schedule joint visits with the RN supervisor.
- Represent the agency professionally by demonstrating excellence in patient care, attention to infection control, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
The work hours and frequency for each Home Health Aide varies based on the current patient caseload.
Visits are typically scheduled during the agency's business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm). After-hours, weekend and holiday visits may be assigned if required by the patient's Plan of Care.Qualifications
- Must love helping people. Must have strong communication skills and time management skills.
- Must hold a current license to practice Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, valid auto insurance, and an automobile for field use
- Must hold current CPR certification, or obtain within 30 days of hire
- Preferred: Minimum two years of varied work experience as a Certified Nurse Aide
- Activities Of Daily Living (Ad Ls)
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Health Care
- Home Care