You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Truck Driver Home Daily CDL A
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Home daily
- Pay starts at $25.45/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Safely operate a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples
- Provide excellent service to customers, including generating sales leads
- Load and unload freight
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Class A commercial driver's license
- Safe driving record and history
- Currently possess or willing to obtain hazardous materials, tank vehicle and doubles/triples endorsements within 90 days of employment
- To pass a DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years
- Hold a valid DOT Medical Certification Card or pass a company-paid DOT physical
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that’s up to 12-14 hours in a day, including day, night and weekend shifts
It’d be great if you also have:
- Forklift experience
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or on a forklift; safely operate heavy equipment and a forklift
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
Don’t have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Driver Home Daily CDL A
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Truck Driver Home Daily CDL A
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Defensive Driving
- Forklift Truck
- Heavy Equipment
- Hazardous Materials
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 358835-en_US
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.