To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Gonzales, LA 70737
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PLH Group • Gonzales, LA
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under supervision, the Accountant will prepare, examine, and maintain financial reports, policies and procedures. This position will also prepare, process, monitor the Payroll Process to completion, Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable as well as Equipment Utilization.
- Assist with preparing, examine, and analyze accounting records, as well as prepare other financial reports. The accountant will assess reports for accuracy, completeness and conformance.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget reports and Power Point presentation.
- Compile information for internal and external auditors.
- In depth knowledge in preparing, processing, and posting weekly project-oriented and administrative payrolls.
- Prepare and process accounts payable and purchase orders, and analyze open purchase orders for month end closing.
- Maintain, monitor and prepare monthly equipment utilization reports
- Prepare and review account reconciliations timely, accurately and in compliance with corporate and company guidelines.
- Assist company President with support activities for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist Controller with preparation of month end closings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance - Required
- 2 or more years of Accounting Experience - Required
- Cost Accounting Experience - Preferred
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- CPA – Preferred
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Extensive accounting knowledge
- Understanding of accounting audit processes and procedures
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and meet required deadlines.
- Strong experience with Excel, Power Point, ERP and ViewPoint systems
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Strong mathematical ability
PLH Group participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee's authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.