The Assistant General Manager provides vital support to the General Manager for the operations and marketing functions of their Profit Center. This includes the hiring/staffing, training, development, and supervision of the staff to maximize the business area's profitability by building and maintaining a strong loyal customer base while adhering to company policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide visible leadership to management and employees while generating a store atmosphere focused on great hospitality where the expectations of the customers are exceeded
- Embody a professional demeanor and a high level of character, honesty and integrity in conducting the business affairs of the store; Inspire all team members to do the same
- Develop a trusting atmosphere that is conducive to receiving feedback from team members and customers; coach, discipline, and/or terminate the staff according to company policy
- With the assistance of the General Manager, recruit, hire, train and retain high-quality employees according to company guidelines and to adhere to company standards
- Respond to customer concerns, both written and verbal, with the ability to creatively solve problems and develop robust solutions; Personally contacts customers as appropriate
- Assumes duties of any hourly associate position as necessary
- Assume a leadership role in the commitment to all company marketing and operation programs to meet budgets and EBITDAR targets within the store
- Adhere to safety standard, comply with standards of operation and follow company guidelines on vendor relationships
- Stay alert to competitive practices that could have an impact on business; Offer recommendations when appropriate.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience.
- Ability to analyze financial reports (g., understanding the calculations on the P&L, coverage ratio, budget & expense reports, etc.) to create positive financial results at all times.
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills to deliver information clearly and effectively to customers and co-workers.
- Ability to perform all non-management functions to assist when needed.
- Demonstrated proficient customer service skills to provide best in class service.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and proactively complete assigned duties.
Our travel centers serve thousands every day; not one
traveler is the same and our team must reflect that. We can "return every
traveler to the road better than they came" only by understanding and celebrating
individualism. TravelCenters of America is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless race,
color, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status,
familial status, ancestry, sex, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, handicap,
military service or Veteran status, genetic information or membership in any
other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. At
TravelCenters of America, we invite everyone to make themselves at home.
- Business Relationship Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service