We seek an experienced Windows Application Developer to support our customer’s applications including design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications.
The candidate must be experienced with research, design, development and modification of enterprise-wide systems and/or application software. The candidate must have excellent communication and documentation skills, and will be responsible for creating all related standards, operating procedures, and security documentation.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical concepts in a way that is easily understood.
- With minimum guidance provide technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis.
- Develop and maintain software applications as required to meet internal organization requirements.
- Assist in the design of architectures to include software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Apply software engineering efforts and programming support required to develop, implement, and maintain custom software applications that will support diverse sets of disparate data and information sources.
- Utilize enterprise tools (e.g. Remedy, ITSM, ArcSight, SharePoint etc.) as required. Customization within enterprise fielded solutions may be required to meet customer needs.
- Support the building, testing, evaluation, operation, and security of software system prototypes that demonstrate potential design solutions to satisfy operational and functional requirements.
- Perform systems hardware and software integration and testing, to ensure total operational and functional compatibility with interfacing/interacting systems, subsystems, equipment, and computer programs in accordance with DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT).).
- Assist in the design and coding of software product components, units, and modules according to detailed specifications.
- Participate in the design, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or enhancing existing software.
- Participate in the analysis and development of test plans.
- Analyze test results and recommend corrections.
- Participate in systems modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Troubleshoot problems and provide customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Ensure applications are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
- Determine and identify high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting functional and technical requirements including software updates or upgrades.
- Formulate and define specifications for operating system applications or modify and maintain existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products.
- Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations (such as space, available resources, and operational tempo)
- Coordinate with systems administrators to provide support for a variety of COTS tools and technologies
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches, and system upgrades
- Perform operations in a manner that minimizes impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently present within the client environment
- Identify and troubleshoot application issues
- Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Provide advice and training to end users.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Security and STIGs
- Support the Certification and Accreditation process
- Document, implement, and maintain system and database security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Participate in the writing and updating of technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Define and oversee application development standards, controls, and procedures
- Create documentation required for Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document scripts and batch processes
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
- Must have a minimum of a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility on hire and confirmed within JPAS.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ ce) at date of hire
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager.
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
- CND-IS Certification (i.e. CEH, CySA+, GICSP, or SSCP – only one is required)
- If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional CND-IS certificate within 3 months after your start date.
- Client Site, Fort Belvoir, VA
- Core hours are 9-3pm. We have a little bit of flexibility with shift hours based on mission requirements (i.e., 7:00-3:30pm, 8:30am-5:00pm).
- Some flexibility may be required to cover when others are out of office and during maintenance windows.
- No alternate work schedules
- No telework allowed
Travel: Occasional travel may be required – normally less than 10%.Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications
2+ years work experience as an Application Developer
- 2+ years experience C#.NET and ASP.NET
- Installation, patching, upgrading, configuration, management and troubleshooting of custom and COTS software applications
- Experience with software development in a government environment a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision-making capabilities, including understanding user requirements, troubleshooting technical issues, successfully resolving issues and challenges, and developing creative solutions for process improvement
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational and collaborative skills
- Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
- Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
- Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.