Horizon is one of Idaho's oldest and largest Home Health agencies. We have been in business for over 20 years and currently have 7 branches from Weiser to Burley and are excited to have recently opened in Pocatello.We pride ourselves on our quality of care and ethical business practices as well as our foundational Core Values CAPLICO- - -Celebrate, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Intelligent Risk Taking, Customer Second, and Ownership.
How we do it:
CELEBRATING successes large or small. We hold each other ACCOUNTABLE with respect and professionalism. Our PASSION FOR LEARNING allows us to teach our team members the latest and most advanced Home Health and Hospice education. Our LOVE ONE ANOTHER atmosphere shows we work as a team with trust and compassion. The growth we have experienced reveals that we are INTELLIGENT RISK TAKERS with our processes and procedures. But what really sets us apart from all the others is our CUSTOMER SECOND philosophy. Employees are our main and most important focus. We achieve job fulfillment by promoting OWNERSHIP through the independence that Home Health and Hospice offers.Horizon is Idaho’s EMPLOYER OF CHOICE and we want you to join us as we PROVIDE LIFE CHANGING SERVICE to all those we touch.
CNA currently certified in the State of Idaho
Must hold a current Driver's License and Auto Insurance policy
Must have reliable transportation
Home Health and Hospice experience preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Providing personal care including:
B. Back rubs
C. Oral hygiene
E. Changing bed linen
F. Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
G. Skin care to prevent breakdown
H. Assisting the patient with toileting activities
I. Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
2. Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
3. Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
4. Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
5. Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extension to therapy services as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
6. Providing reminders to the patient in the self-administration of medication as directed by POC.
7. Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools,
side rails, etc.).
8. Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
9. Adhering to the Organization's documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Horizon Home Health and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to Jobs