We are North Americaâs leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! Approximately 65% of our managers were internally promoted! We have great part-time and full-time positions available! Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!Job Description
Responsibilities will include setting up, installing, operating, testing and troubleshooting audio and video equipment.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Set up and installation of equipment such as distributed audio systems, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, flat panel TVâs, connecting wires and cables.
- Set up and programming of in-wall remotes and various automation systems.
- Termination of cat5e and coax properly.
- Having the ability to troubleshoot and tone out wires.
- Having the knowledge of various types of low voltage wires.
- Having the ability to pre-wire audio visual systems per plan.
- Ensuring equipment installation according to designated layout.
- Testing and resolving equipment issues.
- Diagnosing and correcting media system problems.
- Discussing assignments.
- Cleaning audio and video equipment and storing materials properly.
- Ensuring the safe transfer and shipment of equipment.
- Ensuring the safe storage and integrity of data.
- Performing duties on site location.
- Maintaining inventory of equipment.
- Following instructions for tracking work, keeping his/her timesheet accurate and abide by safety regulations;
- Representing a good work ethic and maintaining a good attitude;
- Having excellent team building skills;
- Installing and running various wire, terminating cable ends and installing devices in new construction buildings
Drug test required for employment.
Pay is based on experience. Permanent positions available. Willing to train motivated people.
Join a company that knows the value of the team. Join our team and find out why we are different.Please submit your resume for review.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Environment:
- While most installations are in buildings partially or fully enclosed to protect from sun, wind and rain, they are often installed before air conditioning, heat, or permanent light fixtures. Other projects will require work to be performed outside in varying weather conditions. Some work is in completed structures currently in use. â¢ Backbone voice and data cables are routed between the entrance facility (where communications signals enter a building) to equipment rooms and telephone rooms. Voice and data horizontal cables are routed between telephone rooms or equipment rooms and individual workstations throughout the building. Equipment rooms often contain energized equipment such as hubs, file servers, electrical panels or telephone switches.â¢ In some cases these devices are configured and connected to equipment that currently serves the building and must not be interrupted. Any questions regarding how a system goes together or works must be immediately brought to the attention of the foreman.
Allied Universal is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. Allied Universal will provide qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or any other applicable state or local laws. We are committed to hiring veterans and reservists. Since 2013, we have hired over 25,000 heroes.Requisition ID
Fire Alarm Systems
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)