A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.Role Summary
Provides financial and strategic leadership to Ecommerce/Digital business through insights and analysis to drive profitable growth.Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Strategy and Value Creation:
- Sales Planning and Forecast tracking with digital connected commerce team
- Cross functional collab from sales, mktg and overall budget mgmt. both on agency spend and on internal sales and marketing initiatives
- Leverage data driven decision making on eCommerce eg Luminate ROI
- Measure eComm P&L across pure play, omni, last miler, DTC and other modalities
- Leverage financial and syndicated data to drive insights and actions on performance and market potential
- Collaborate with commercial teams on short-term and long-term evaluations of eCommerce innovation i.e., package design and product offerings, eCommerce ready launches etc.
- Develop monthly digital channel reporting packages and P&L summaries across BUs, categories, retailers, brands etc.
- Conduct competitive segment evaluations to identify trends and patterns and the financial impact of potential opportunities and future strategic initiatives.
- Continually monitor CPG and retailer earnings and forecasts, call outs on digital and eCommerce initiatives to compare and contrast with CHD
- Develop and maintain financial models used for planning and strategic decision making such as pricing, channel, digital marketing investment and contribution margin analysis for eCommerce channel. Partner with commercial teams on initiatives like Price Pack Architecture
- Work directly with Brand and Sales Finance partners on risk assessment, budgeting & forecasting and channel profitability leveraging Customer Profitability Tool
- Work closely with cross-functions Sales, Marketing and R&D on eComm long range channel and go-to-market strategy
- Lead education on above the line, below the line and related eCommerce and digital investments, P&L tracking etc.
- Drive the eComm category level multi year financial framework and strategic plan with clear guardrails including the eCommerce Performance Framework
- Drive performance management review and key business actions for profitable, competitive growth on a monthly basis with Categories
- Review holistic customer investment by category and brand, and identify areas of opportunity to optimize growth via portfolio and investment harmonization focused on Media and Shopper Marketing
- Partner with Media and Shopper Marketing teams to drive improved planning and reporting process, including eCommerce financials, forecast, and out year planning and evaluate effectiveness of investment, and how to optimize across ROAS and other key metrics to invest for sustainable growth
Education and Experience
- Develop and run business cases for D4E Create initiatives (true innovation assortment) leveraging key principles including Value Density, Retailer & UL Profitability, Demand Spaces, etc.
- Prioritize key areas of sustainable growth by supporting the implementation of D4E Adapt initiatives (profitable bundles and right sizing price pack architecture) to work across both retailer and Unilever profitability thresholds
- Continue to review and develop model for eCommerce business cases to assess size of prize across eComm channels, key thresholds, and core assumptions vs what is used in Brick & Mortar Retail
- Partner and drive Alt Business Models as the financial SME within the ABM SteerCo across new routes to market including Delivery Aggregators, Retailer Dropship, 3rd Party Marketplace, and DTC.
Skills and Competencies
- 5-7 years of experience in the CPG industry (preferred) or with consulting firms with 3+ years in eCommerce
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in finance or accounting, MBA in finance preferred.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and influence at all levels in the organization and build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must possess strong decision making, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Prior work experience in eCommerce / Digital Commerce, Consumer Product Goods (CPG), Brand Management, Customer Development (Sales), and Financial Planning is preferred
- Knowledge of SAP and forecasting systems desired. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
#piqCOVID VACCINE REQUIREMENT*:
To support the health and safety of our team members, successful candidates for employment in this role must (1) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and to have submitted proof of vaccination status, or (2) request and receive an approved accommodation based on medical circumstances or sincerely held religious beliefs, practices or observances.
- Only applicable for Corporate positions based in Princeton, NJ and Ewing, NJ
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Finance Manager, Digital & eCommerce
- Consumer Product
- Contribution Margin