Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by theSisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standingfull-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a truedevotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortlythereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the fullcomplement of its services. Driven by quality,compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person-body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is looking for a RN Baylor to join our Medical Telemetry Unit forthe Downtown Campus. This is a night shift position.
The RN Baylorposition requires the individual to work two weekend shifts (Friday, Saturday, and/orSunday) and one weekday. The individual would then receive bonus payment for anadditional 12-hour shift.
For more information about the physicians and servicesprovided by Providence Health, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Registered Nurse (RN), Baylor/Nights - Med Tele
- Assesses patient's status within identified functionalhealth patterns, ie management of health, growth and development, oxygenation,activity, etc.
- Assesses family status as it impacts the patient.
- Identifies, based on assessment data, appropriate nursingdiagnosis or collaborative problems which can be addressed through nursinginterventions. Makes nursing judgments based on findings.
- Identifies learning needs through assessment of patientknowledge. Plans and coordinates teaching methods and content to achievedesired outcomes.
- Plans care collaboratively with family/patient,physicians and other health care team members. Prioritizes and delegates tohealth care team appropriately.
- Initiates an individualized nursing care plan andevaluates variances to expected course.
- Interprets clinical findings and correlates withpatient's condition. Identifies patient/family responses to treatment andcontinually evaluates effectiveness of care.
- Revises the care plan based on evaluation ofeffectiveness in achieving outcomes.
- Coordinates and assures completion of care as ordered byphysicians and as planned in the nursing care plan.
- Assumes responsibility/accountability for the plan ofcare.
- Consults with physicians regularly regarding patientprogress. Collaborates with the medical staff regarding appropriateness ofdaily and routine orders based on change in the patient's status.
- Facilitates the smooth transition of care when a patientis transferred to another unit/facility.
- Is knowledgeable of patient's status during entire lengthof stay on the patient care unit/or service line.
- Demonstrates responsibility for achievement of identifiedpatient outcomes.
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentallyappropriate care/treatment for the patient populations admitted to the patientcare unit/service line.
- Demonstrates clinical skills necessary to support andassist attending and consulting physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of events, activities and changesin policies and procedures affecting practice.
- Ensures that care is delivered to assigned patients inaccordance with medical orders and nursing standards and is documented inclinical records and on plans of care.
Minimum Work Experience
Inpatient Areas: One year experience preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degreein Nursing
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred
[South Carolina, United States] Registered Nurses
Current SC RN license in good standing required.
BLS & ACLS certification required.
Providence Health Downtown
Nights; two weekend plus one weekdayEqual opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Registered Nurse Certified
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)