We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as Test Application Engineer, and you’ll be looking at a career-deﬁning role based in Pittsburgh, PA
As Test Application Engineer, you will be responsible for project-focused railway application engineering related to SIL4 data modelling, transponder layout and interlocking design modelling.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applications Engineering:
- Test and verify SIL4 datasets that model rail track alignment, grade, civil speed, signalling layout, hardware controllers, and data network information for mainline, APM and metro systems.
- Create test cases, maintain and verify documentation relating to the above.
- Report and trace faults and application bugs in a clear and concise way.
- Interface with engineers of other disciplines working on train control subsystems for Alstom’s CBTC solutions.
- Assist in updating application engineering processes and procedures according to project requirements, railway standards, and safety compliance.
- BSE or Associates Degree in Engineering [Computer, Electrical, Civil], Engineering Technology, Geographic Information Science
- 2- 3 years of experience in an engineering role
- Proficiency with MS Office, Access, Visio
- Experience with testing complex systems like CBTC will be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are oﬀered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Eﬀective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position - positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office