To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Miami, FL 33132
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant (Hotel/Hospitality)
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Miami, FL
Posted 7 days ago
$21.00 - $24.00 /Hour
Hotel - Resort
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Staff Accountant (Hotel/Hospitality) in Miami, Florida (FL).
- Assists in preparing comprehensive monthly reports of the financial results of the hotel in established corporate formats and accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Manages hourly employees; trains, evaluates, motivates, and disciplines
- Ensures all local, state/province, and national taxes are deposited timely, and all related reports are filed on a timely basis
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Any reconciling items should be cleared monthly
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of the client's Hotels and encourage staff to do the same
- Holds a BS in Hotel Administration and/or Business Administration/Accounting
- A minimum of 2+ years as Accounting Manager in a full-service luxury property with stand-alone accounting
- Knowledge of hotel accounting and other systems (i.e. Oracle, Opera, Protel, Remanco, Micros) and general business systems (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must have thorough knowledge of all jobs in Accounting and Food and Beverage Control areas
- Must have skills in database, spreadsheet, or other accounting applications
- Organizational skills are required to maintain records, inventories and storerooms
- Must be able to lift heavy objects, organize storerooms and aid receiving staff as needed
- Must be able to maintain good relationships with all departments in the hotel to promote effective internal control and financial advisory role
- Must have the ability to communicate, and the commitment, to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines for financial reports
- Must have a high degree of professional integrity, and be able to work safely, effectively and efficiently
- One is required to speak English (with fluency in other languages preferred)
- Uniform: Clothing should be standard business attire
- Working hours: The Staff Accountant is expected to be on duty during normal working hours and whenever presence is required
- An adaptation of working hours may be required to complete all tasks within the prescribed deadlines
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: FAEQG1686977
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.