Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
Analyzes coverage and settles moderately complex claims in one or more of Gallagher Bassett's specialty claims areas. Generally, incumbent does not work on workers compensation claims.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Able to manage the full-life cycle of all assigned claims files.
- Analyzes coverage and determines defense obligations.
- Independently conducts thorough analysis and investigations necessary to determine claims exposure and recommend appropriate settlement strategies and action plans.
- Creates reservation of rights and coverage denial letters.
- Negotiates settlements with clients, client attorneys, and Public Adjusters.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claims process, and may recommend retaining the advice of outside experts as necessary.
- Prepares reserve and settlement authority requests for client and carrier approval.
- May act as a client advocate with carriers to ensure proper claims handling, including any necessary scoping, estimating, and addressing of coverage.
- Has a solid understanding of claims processing and the insurance brokerage business.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the terminology and case law associated with their specialized claims niche/industry.
- Handles claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and "best practices" and also in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethical requirements.
- Provides guidance and/or supervision to lower level adjusters. Incumbents at this level should be able to work at full case load capacity
- High school diploma.
- 7 or more years related claims experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to handle unique/challenging claims issues at a senior adjuster level.
- Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all states in which claims are being handled.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
- Computer experience with related claims and business software.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 or more years of prior experience adjusting claims in applicable specialty area preferred.
- Juris Doctorate highly preferred
- Minimum 8 years professional liability claims experience, strong background in EPL
- Advanced technical and product specific expertise, claims resolution skill, and knowledge of insurance claims principles, practices and procedures
- Strong backgroundin fully comprehendingclaim facts and issues, implementing strategies with a proactive long term view of business goals and objective and evaluating claims based on a cost benefit analysis
- Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
- Professional Liability
- Background Checks