Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Santa Clara, California currently has an opportunity for a Principal Scientist
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Principal Scientist within Abbotts Hematology division will Independently manage complex; long-duration projects; product improvements and investigations. Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational; process; or product improvements.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Project Management - Independently design; manage; and conduct complex long duration projects; product improvements; and investigations (or supports Third Party Manufacturer projects).
- Product and Process Improvement - Independently manage complex long duration projects; product improvements; and investigations. Recognizes opportunities and proposes novel ideas for significant operational; process or product improvements.
- Proactively identify opportunities for significant operational; process or product improvements. Perform or support test and process method modifications; considering CQAs; critical process parameters and analytical performance characteristics.
- Identify technical alternatives and make risk-based decisions within the area. Use technical data that interacts with multiple areas and processes.
- Provides diverse; independent technical data and insight to support risk management evaluation and assessment. Design Control & Risk Management
- Effectively balances compliance risk and business risk to create and review risk management files.
- Complaint and Internal Investigations - Independently manages complex investigations to resolution.
- Demonstrates advanced statistical techniques; MAIC and or project management tools. Provides audit inputs and support as required.
- Technical Support - Assist in resolution of multiple complex technical and quality issues across ADD Sites;
- TPMs and or functions (instrument; reagents; software and commodities). Anticipate; recognize and resolve technical issues.
- Sharing Knowledge - Presents complex technical information to internal and external groups. Shares scientific information and expertise with customers and regulatory agencies. Experience mentoring and teaching others to facilitate timely resolution of product and process technical issues.
- Strategic and Results Orientation - Demonstrates fiscal responsibility through actionable recommendation and accomplishment. Translates top-level goals to specific goals and aligns activities with respective strategic business priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Higher Certificate; Ordinary or Honors Bachelor’s degree in scientific and technical field is desired or relevant combination of education and experience.
- 6 or more years’ related work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred. (Advanced degree(s) may offset required years of experience).
- Preferred PhD in Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry) or relevant fields.
- 5+ year working experiences in IVD, medical device, or pharmaceutical companies with solid experiences in product development, R&D, verification & validation, regulatory compliance, etc.
- A hematology background or flowcytometry experiences would be highly preferred, but not necessary.
- Excellent statistic skills for data analysis is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Reagent Scientist - Hematology
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Reagent Scientist - Hematology, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Reagent Scientist - Hematology and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Coaching And Mentoring