Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is looking for an experienced Mid-level Engineer with interest in Project Management to join our Maritime and Coastal (M&C) practice and can be located anywhere on the West Coast.
In this role, you will primarily provide leadership, manage, and assist the Project Manager with several waterfront projects in California, Oregon, Washington and the Pacific (West Region). This is a rewarding opportunity to demonstrate your local knowledge, be involved in challenging projects, provide technical solutions and mentor junior engineers.
- Lead Maritime and Coastal (M&C) projects including Piers, Wharves, Mooring Dolphins, Seawalls etc.
- Manage existing and new client relationships and assist with Business Development opportunities.
- Assist and manage scope, schedule and budget, including invoicing on multiple projects
- Coordinate and work with cross-discipline teams on other market sector projects.
- Act in an advisory and leadership role to provide marine structural service to other regions (including internationally) and other M&C staff.
- Coordinate with CAD and Design team to complete project deliverables.
- Provide technical QA/QC on multiple projects.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Stay current with technical qualifications and licenses.
- Involve yourself in local committees, action groups and special interest organizations, with a view towards furthering your own skills and brand recognition for GHD.
- Stay current and informed on M&C market trends, client spending, assets, resiliency and logistics
- Work within GHD’s four Core Values: Safety, Teamwork, Trust, and Integrity
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in Civil or Structural Engineering. Masters degree preferred.
- 7+ years of previous experience with Maritime and Coastal waterfront projects including 2+ years with incremental Project Management responsibilities
- Must have PE in California.
- Working knowledge of engineering design and analysis tools such as SAP2000, LPILE, XTRACT. Experience in the Microsoft office suite, MATLAB and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of engineering codes and guidelines such as ASCE 7, ASCE 41, ASCE 61, ACI 318, AISC 360 etc.
- Ability to lead structural condition assessment and field investigation both on land and above water
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written, including report writing
- Travel as needed, up to 10% of the year for field investigation.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Auto Cad
- Engineering Design Process
- Product Quality Assurance
- Structural Engineering
- Sap 2000