Ready to be a part of something big? At the St. Louis Job Corps Center in St. Louis, Missouri we provide at-risk students with the tools they need to be successful at no-cost to them or their families. Our team members enjoy competitive wages, affordable health, dental, and prescription drug insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, flexible schedules, 401(k) with company match, and a chance to make a difference every day! Full and part time opportunities available for many positions. Hiring immediately!
RN sign on bonus $3,000!!!
Reports to the Health and Wellness Manager (HWM). Provides assistance to the medical providers and supervision of staff LPNs/LVNs. Works in collaboration with the HWM and provides oversight of the wellness clinic in their absence. Is responsible for assuring all medical clinical care is provided to students within Department of Labor (DOL) requirements and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Provide nursing care to students as authorized by the medical provider and within scope of practice for state-specific nurse practice act.
- Provide supervision to the staff LPNs/LVNs to assure compliance with all state regulations and scope of practice and nurse practice act for practical and/or vocational nurses.
- Provide basic healthcare to students as required by DOL including all entry requirements and immunizations.
- Monitor students with illness who are unable to attend class.
- Provide input on staff nurses performance to the HWM for annual evaluations.
- Provide staff training for wellness staff as well as required trainings for new hires and all center staff as needed or in the absence of the HWM.
- Provide input on the development and assistance in the implementation of new and revised standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the wellness department.
- Conduct student health record audits and participate in the continuous quality improvement program to identify needed improvements and employ mechanisms to improve compliance, and assure delivery of quality and effective services to students.
- Conduct coordinated health care for students and implementation of other health related programs. Assure chronic care management including medication management case conferences of all students with chronic illnesses.
- Assure that clinical services, including medication management are within health staff’ scope of practice and within federal, state, and local regulations and statutes.
- Prepare and submit required reports within required timeframe as needed and directed by the HWM.
- Assist the HWM to manage the record keeping and reporting of student injuries in the system provided by DOL.
- Provide direction and technical assistance to LPNs/LVNs in all required health related programs.
- As required, take after hour phone calls from non-health staff for student’s medical symptoms not covered under the symptomatic management guidelines (SMGs) or directed calls per the SMG.
- Assist in development of community linkages for health and disability resources.
- Provide oversight of all wellness center activities in the absence of the HWM.
- Participate in required staff training as outlined in the center’s annual training plan.
- Participate in and/or conduct required DOL and MTC meetings as directed by HWM.
- Participate in regional DOL calls as needed.
- Coordinate the applicant file review process in the absence of the HWM.
- Function as the medical co-disability coordinator for the center if designated by the HWM.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps zero tolerance policy.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
- Maintain accountability of staff, students and government property and adhere to safety practices.
- Provide regular feedback to staff regarding Career Success Standards procedures and intervention techniques.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Active, unrestricted registered nurse license in the state of employment. Experience working with youth in a paid or unpaid capacity is preferred. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. Must pass all background checks.
- Medication Therapy Management
- Diseases And Disorders