Responsibilities and Expectations:
The purpose of this job description is to give new employees an overview of what is expected of an Assistant Store Manager at Hot Spot Stores. The following list is not all-inclusive, the position may be asked to perform other duties, especially those that are not considered usual and customary in the convenience store industry. Assistant Store Managers must report to the Store Manager for assistance and guidance. Store Operations:
- Must be able to perform all duties of a Sales Associate.
- Follow all required procedures for robbery prevention.
- Enter all sales in the register at the time of sale. • Assist the Store Manager with store operations.
- Be enthused about helping other store employees.
- Must be able to step in when other employees need assistance or guidance.
- The ability to recruit, train, lead and motivate store employees under the instruction and supervision of the Store Manager while having the ability to enforce accountability to achieve profitable results.
- Devotion to high ethical and moral standards while providing feedback to the Store Manager on operational and personnel issues within the store.
- Comply with all county and state laws, safety regulations, environmental policies, and company's emergency procedures.
- Forecast, order, stock and merchandise product.
- Assistant Managers must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. Assistant Managers are required to drive (but not limited to) bank, post office and off-site meetings, when the Manager isn't available.
- Verify that all other store employees are performing their duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Greet and thank all customers in a timely and professional manner and promote store specials
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English and have liberal computer skills.
- Dress in a manner that is consistent with the Hot Spot and Shell Store policies.
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Ability to process vendors invoices
- Ability to operate necessary machines within the store
- Ability to work variable shifts, weekend, and holidays
- Retail, grocery, or convenience store experience preferred, but not required.
- Intermittent sitting, standing, bending and able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to cold temperatures when stocking in refrigerator units.
- Ability to use safety equipment within the store.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent an expressed or implied contract of employment nor does it alter your at-will employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
RL Jordan Oil is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT CREATE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT OR ALTER YOUR AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT
- Accounts Receivable
- Customer Service
- Follow Instructions