To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Arthur Molina
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cherokee Nation Businesses • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Staff Supervisor - Silver Spring, MD (#14820)
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) delivers a broad spectrum of professional management consulting services to its defense, health, environmental and civilian agency clients. To assist clients in achieving their goals, CNA provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including health information technology, research & science, program management, communications, correspondence and document management, governance and administrative support. Wholly owned by Cherokee Nation, CNA is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
For more company information, visit our site at http://cherokee-cna.com/Pages/Home.aspx
The mission of our client, the Walter Reed Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR), is to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and U.S. Army requirements, and delivers lifesaving products including knowledge, technology, and medical materiel that sustain the combat effectiveness of the war fighter.
We are seeking a Staff Supervisor to support federally regulated research requirements to develop new medical products for the Warfighter including but not limited to support necessary to conduct clinical trials, analyze resulting data, and generate study reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and provide guidance and direction the laboratory, front desk, and recruitment staff in the Clinical Trials Center (CTC).
- Provide mentoring, counseling, developing, implementing, and monitoring corrective action plans when appropriate, and assess performance on an annual basis.
- Facilitate onboarding of new personnel.
- Act as a liaison between the Senior Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) and support staff. Coordinate communication between all staff.
- Ensure the staff adheres to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines as well as FDA and military regulations.
- Become familiar with and utilize all pertinent CTC standard operating procedures (SOPs) and study specific procedures (SSPs).
- Assist in long-range planning and logistics for special projects.
- Assist in clinic organization, procurement, and return of clinic equipment, inventory, and purchasing system.
- Ad hoc duties (when required) in the areas of recruitment, phlebotomy, lab processing, and front desk duties.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of volunteer recruitment with the senior recruiter, Clinical Trials Chief, WRAIR’s Public Affairs Office (PAO), and other CTC staff to include: production of recruitment materials, budgeting, and resource allocation.
- Review and understand all protocol inclusion and exclusion criteria, informed consent forms and processes, and study schedules.
- Perform phlebotomy and specimen collections using standard techniques and universal precautions for approved research protocols.
- This position will not have supervisory authority.
Education and/or Experience
- At least ten years’ experience as a clinical trials staff supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC)
- Must be a US citizen
Work is conducted in a laboratory, office or clinical/hospital environment; possible evening and/or weekend hours. Requires work on military base with requirement for background investigation.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.