Do you love working with your handsand using tools? Wanting to work in a clean and safe workspace? Looking to growyour industry knowledge in the diesel maintenance field? If you answered yes tothe questions above, then the Schneider organization is the place for you.
We're currently looking for anambitious and hardworking individual to join our team as a Diesel Mechanic.This role allows you to perform trailer and truck repairs such as preventativemaintenance, component replacement and troubleshooting. Some common servicesinclude tire changing, brake, electrical and safety related inspections. Youare going to have the ability to make good value decisions while followingestablished guidelines. You are able to use your on the job training to furtheradvance and drive your career.
The Schneider maintenance team is ahighly-skilled and diverse group of individuals who work hard to deliver safeand reliable equipment to our drivers. We will provide the training, parts andshop tooling needed to complete high-quality repairs effectively. In addition,our shop leadership team ranks among the best in the industry – many are formerlead technicians with years of Schneider shop experience.Aboutthe Role:
As anAssociate you will Enjoy:
- You will complete Preventative Maintenance, annual inspections and repairs on tractor systems such as fuel, engine, transmissions, electrical, brakes, steering, satellite/cellular systems, HVAC, drivelines, tires and minor body work.
- You will complete Preventative Maintenance, annual inspections and repairs on trailer systems such as brakes, electrical, suspension, doors, tires and minor floor and body work.
- You will utilizes forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed.
- You'll read paper and electronic instructions to understand, document and close completed work orders. Utilizing paper (i.e. permits) and computer systems (M5) to accurately build, track and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours), parts used and work completed.
- Competitive hourly wages paid weekly
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes: paid vacation, paid holidays, and paid personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
Qualificationsfor the position:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- Technical degree, certificate or diploma in engines, diesel technology, electronics, or related systems or a minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Required to be Annual Vehicle Inspector Certified and Brake Inspector Certified (Per DOT requirements)
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective written and oral communication and excellent analytical skills
- Skills with windows based computer systems preferred
- High level of attention to accuracy and detail.
- Complete required training within 12 months of hire
- Ability to provide own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools)
Schneider is a premier provider oftransportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man,one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of servicesin the industry delivering superior customer experiences.TheSchneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become apart of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industrythat impacts the world. Apply today at http://www.schneiderjobs.com.Schneider is an equal opportunityemployer.
Complex Problem Solving