A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As Sourcing Manger, for Life Science Research Services, you will be responsible for all procurement-related activities concerning early research and non-clinical development services. As a business partner for LS stakeholders, Sourcing Manager will provide all necessary sourcing support associated with outsourcing activities Sourcing Manager is accountable for understanding key business drivers and ensuring stakeholder requirements are fulfilled. Extensive cross-functional collaboration and use of strategic sourcing best practices are key to maximizing value in terms of cost avoidance/savings, risk reduction, quality, speed, and supplier performance.
In this position you will be responsible for the management Research Outsourcing spend categories. This includes the implementation of strategic and tactical sourcing strategies. The candidate is an energetic, flexible team player, capable of forming strong relationships throughout the entire organization, in addition to successfully leveraging resources, processes and tools to achieve the desired outcomes. This position will be located at the EMD Serono Research and Development Institute facility in the Billerica MA, reporting to the (AD, R&D outsourcing).
- Responsible for Procurement activities in early research and non-clinical development for assigned subcategories primarily for Life Science
- Develop and implement research services sourcing strategies for assigned subcategories;
- Support assigned categories developing strong relationships with key stakeholders to identify their requirements and execute sourcing strategies accordingly
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset with a global business perspective exhibiting energy and enthusiasm required to establish a network and new approaches for sourcing of research service.
- Primary Internal Interfaces: Research teams in the Biopharma business, Controlling, Finance, Legal
- Primary External Interfaces: Suppliers (typically Contract Research Organizations, Contract Manufacturing Organizations, and Academia), relevant pharmaceutical industry and supplier trade organizations
- Manage RFx process) with the objective to ensure the achievement of project timeline, cost reduction, and specification optimization
- Define and promote the Procurement sourcing strategy across LS and entire organization
- The selected candidate will work both independently and within a global team to strategically procure research services
- Analyze and map supplier spend
- Manage life cycle for R&D contracts
- Champion systems and policies
- Identify and pursue continuous improvement opportunities to increase efficiencies and processes and support change management initiatives locally and globally
- Promote overall Procurement role
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science (i.e. Biotechnology, Biology, etc.) or Business (Marketing, Business Management, etc.) fields
- 2+ years’ experience negotiating agreements in the field of R&D Services – OR –
- 2+ years’ experience in R&D Operations or Outsourcing area with exposure to procurement
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience in Sourcing R&D services
- Experience with legal contracts lifecycle
- Knowledge of SAP and Ariba is an asset
- English (fluent written and spoken)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- CPM certificate
- Willingness for occasional travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.