Amyx is seeking to hire a Solution Architect in our Reston, VA headquarters. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic leader experienced in technical sales engagement with the ability to architect and communicate comprehensive, innovative, complex solutions. You will take an active ‘hands-on’ role with all aspects of growing the IT business at Amyx. The successful candidate will have solutioned and delivered complex IT solutions in both the Federal and commercial markets, have a mature understanding of flexible service delivery-models and up-to-date experience with leading technology trends and technologies. Solutions will span multiple IT competency areas inclusive of end-user services, infrastructure solutions, cloud technologies, software development, cyber security, and data analytics requiring you to have a mature understanding of the Amyx capabilities within each of these domains and a visionary approach to their implementation
Responsibilities and Daily Tasks:
- Work as a member of a cross functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
- Own the technical components of proposed customer projects.
- Research and understand customer requirements and design the optimal technical solution to address those requirements in a cost-effective manner
- Partner with operations, finance, proposals, and HR to ensure the feasibility and supportability of the solutions you design.
- Accurately scope implementation timelines for integrations. Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
- Review configurations with other team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 10+ years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years of successfully performing in a role of major responsibility tied to large projects with tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a Software / Systems Engineer / Virtualization Engineer / Solution Architect
- Advance degree or industry recognized certifications such as PMP, CISSP, or ITIL is preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience with large scale infrastructure modernization efforts
- Experience architecting, transitioning, and operating a variety of service-delivery models including multi-tenant, shared services, and SaaS solutions
- Experience with advanced IT technologies such as: Large infrastructure environments inclusive of Cloud (Private, Public, Community, and Hybrid) and virtualized, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, microservices, architecture, containerization, continuous integration, continuous delivery, datacenter architectures, web services, agile development, Dev-Ops, DevSecOps, cybersecurity, and end-user services.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Active DoD secret clearance
- Detailed knowledge of the IT industry, including key technologies, vendors, trends and an understanding of the surrounding strategic issues that may impact potential customers
- Capable of synthesizing a reference architecture from a requirements specification, industry best practices, and vendor whitepapers / artifacts
- Experienced in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills for the technical and non-technical audience at both the engineering and senior executive levels
- Proven leadership traits to include team leadership, sound business judgment, ability to think and advance strategic concepts, and a professional demeanor under pressure.
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.