TRISTAR is currently seeking a Vice President of Contracts in Chesapeake/Virginia Beach/ Hampton Roads, VA areas .
Under general direction, of the Chief Operating Officer (COO) supervises the activities of the contracting and procurement section, which may include one or more of the following functions: bid management; contract management; proposal oversight; purchasing; and related accounting. Must be hands on and want to work for a small contracting company with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Provides acquisition and contracts management support services to a portfolio of programs including but not limited to NSWC Crane, SPAWAR San Diego, Army and other commands
- Cradle to grave contract procedures that includes extensive development of complex acquisition plans, solicitations and pre- and post-negotiation objectives
- Work independently, experienced, skilled and knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. requirements development, acquisition planning, contract administration and contract closeout)
- Draft solicitations, including Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) for both commercial and non-commercial supplies and services
- Assists in drafting Statements of Objectives, Statements of Work, Performance Work Statements, Performance Specifications, and associated solicitation documentation for PM
- Contributes to and submits Acquisition Review Packages to NSWC Crane Command, Navy, Army and other commands, by set deadlines.
- Work with contract resource management tools (Deltek Costpoint program system)
- Creates, reviews, modifies, tracks, and documents acquisition documents IAW FAR regulations and DoD, NSWC Crane, Army Picatinny Arsenal and PEO guidelines
- Coordinates and provides briefing materials for use with Program Status Reviews (PSRs), financial reviews, and acquisition reviews leading to milestone decisions
- Manages direct purchasing activities, ensures responsive purchasing bids are solicited, compares price quotes, recommends vendor awards, issues purchase orders and monitors vendor performance
- Implements and maintains internal controls on all financial records related to contracting and purchasing and develops necessary policies and procedures
- Monitors contract progress and compliance, change orders, reviews and approves invoices and payments; and works with contractors to resolve problems
- Coordinates the preparation of contracts and contract amendments and ensures compliance with legislation
- Prepare appropriate documentation for the exercise of options, prepare modifications and assist in the resolution and documentation of performance issues and problems, including letters and correspondence for NSWC Crane, Navy, Army CO’s and COR signatures
- Minimum of current seven (7) years’ experience in DoD contracting or acquisition
- Knowledge of government contracting acquisition methods, implementation of FARS, DFARS and Navy, Army contracting guidance in preparation of Acquisition Requirements Packages (ARPs) and other contracts planning documents
- Excellent verbal, graphical, interpersonal and written communication skills including mediation and negotiations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing customer support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff, as well as outside customers and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, to set priorities, to organize tasks, monitor assignments, and ensure completion of assigned work
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and budgets
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (especially MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and MS Project or similar systems
- Solid time management skills required to manage multiple contracts of different levels
- Skill in supervising staff, including setting performance standards, evaluating performance, providing guidance and instruction, and counseling subordinates
- Skill in personally performing complex contract administration work, developing internal controls and accounting functions
- Skill in writing clear and concise reports and correspondence including request for proposals and contract specifications
- An active Secret Clearance is required or the ability to obtain.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or other related field or (5 years equivalent experience).
- CPA certificate would be highly desirable
- FAC-C Level 1, DAWIA Level 1 Contract Management, ICCM-F Level 1, or ICCM-D Level-candidates with certification is highly desired and will be given preference
- Preferred Location: Chesapeake, VA/Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads
- Work location: TRISTAR Chesapeake Office and virtual
- Travel: Required as necessary
Complex Problem Solving
CareerBuilder Estimated Salary
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: df9hd5v3jurgwq4iw0bvwg38jpa6jw
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.